Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Possibility to Realize God - for Householder. ?



Neighbor: “Sir, is it ever possible to realize God while leading the life of a householder?”
Master: Certainly. But as I said just now, one must live in holy company and pray unceasingly. One should weep for God. When the impurities of the mind are thus washed away, one realizes God. The mind is like a needle covered in mud, and the God is like magnet. The needle can not be united with the magnet unless it is free from mud. The tears wash away the mud which is nothing but lust, anger, greed, and other evil tendencies, and the inclination to the worldly enjoyment as well. As soon as the mud is washed away, magnet attract the needle, that is to say the Man realizes the God. Only the pure in heart see God. A fever patient has an excess of water element in his system. what can quinine do for him unless that is removed?
Why should one realize God while living in the World? But sa I said, ‘one must live in the holy company, pray to the God, weeping for his grace, and now and go into solitude. Unless the plants on the footpath are protected at first by fences, they are destroyed by cattle.’
Neighbor: ‘Then householder too will have the vision of God. won’t they?
Master: Everybody will surely be liberated. But one should follow the instruction of the guru; if one follows a devious path, one will suffer in trying to retrace one’s steps. It takes a long time to achieve liberation. A man mail fail to obtain it in this life. Perhaps he will realize God only  after many births. Sages like Janaka performed worldly duties They performed them bearing God in their minds, as a dancing girl dances, keeping jars or trays on her head. Haven’t you seen how the woman in northwest India walk, talk and laughing while carrying water pitchers on their head?
Neighbor: You just referred to the instruction of the guru. How shall we find him?
Master: ‘Anyone and everyone can not be Guru. A huge timber floats on the water and can carry animals as well. But when a peice of worthless wood sinks, if a man sits on it and drowns him. Therefor in every age God incarnates Himself as the guru, to teach humanity. Satchidananda alone is guru.
“What is knowledge? And what is the nature of this ego? God alone is Doer, none else, -that is knowledge. I am not the doer. I am a mere instrument in His hand. Therefore I say: “O Mother, Thou art the Operator and I am the machine, Thou art the indweller and I am the house. Thou art the Driver I am the carriage. I move as thou movest me. I do as Thou makest me do. I speak as Thou makest me speak. Not I not I, but thou, But Thou.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...